Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

P-V-P

P-V-P
{Post Valentine Post}

Hieee! 
Let me start off by saying that this weather we are having in Iowa is making this girl smile!  I know it’s still February and we are bound to get more icky weather….but 40-60 degree days in February!  I’ll take it!  I also noticed that it’s getting light out earlier, so the days are getting longer!  Love that!  Yes, yes..I am in a good mood!

So how was everyone’s weekend and Valentines Day? 

Ours was great!  Here is our weekend!  Tell me about yours!

Thursday and Friday I got off work early!  I love doing that sometimes, for no real reason.  These days I took time off early to run errands, do chores, and spend time with Avery.  It was glorious!  I went to the spa one day, I got Rusty and Avery Valentines, did some minor shopping and got my house clean for our guests!

Saturday-Rusty left the house at 5 a.m. to go ice fishing for a few hours.  I am glad he did, because this weather we are having is slowing melting his ice for fishing away!  (Sorry Rusty…kind of) J  Rusty’s dad stopped over on his way to babysit my nephews for the night..he dropped off a Valentine for Avery. 

It was a cute, cute, cute dress w/ bloomers that will be perfect for Spring/Summer.  Then my brother and s-i-l came to stay with us!  They told us about a month ago they wanted to come up and watch Avery and that Rusty and I should go do something!  I don’t do much without Avery and I don’t like too, but this was the perfect offer!  I also love that Hank and Steph wanted to have Avery all to themselves! 
Rusty and I decided to celebrate our Valentines Day Saturday (So did many others, but I’ll get to that in a bit).  I got all caught up on my brothers honeymoon stories and it was good talking with them!  Then Rusty and I met some friends downtown and went to the Home & Garden Show.  It was fun walking around.  I may have Rusty talked into getting Avery a big swing-set! 
We went to a bar downtown and had a drink and some good convo, and then Rusty and I headed out for our “date”.  We went to one of our favorite restaurants!  We knew it would be packed, but we had a reservation.  We ended up waiting 2 ½ hours…to then decide to give up and just sit at the bar and eat our dinner! J  Ha!  It was fun and so yummy that it didn’t matter!  It was a great night out, and Avery did great and had fun with Uncle Hank and Aunt Steph!  I hope they come up and do that more often:)

Sunday, I can’t say I did much…but it was a great day cuddling with Avery!
I got little Valentines ready for Avery to take to her friends at daycare, got cupcakes ready to bring to work to my co-workers!  I love to decorate cupcakes!  

That was our weekend, in a nutshell!  Now onto Valentines Day…

I got these beautiful flowers!   Tulips are my fav!

I got a new phone! 

And just hung out at home…it was a great day!  The weather was beautiful…and I watched The Bachelor before bed..it doesn’t  get much better than that!  I love my family! 

Here’s to a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad you had an awesome weekend! Your wrapping is so pretty!! Your flowers are beautiful!! I cannot believe you had a 2 1/2 hour wait...WITH a reservation! Good thing you're patient!! You're right the...their amazing food helps! :)

    ReplyDelete