Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

Happy Monday Everyone! 

I don't know about you, but I am sleeeeepy, still!
It Thunder stormed all night last night, and for me, that is perfect sleeping weather!  I did however, wake up to the storms and I did not want to get out of bed this morning..so cozy!

Any whoooooo, the weekend!  How was yours?

We had a great weekend.  On one hand it felt like a long weekend.  We just did a lot of fun stuff and Rusty didn't work at all this weekend which is rare.  But on the other hand, the weekends ALWAYS go too fast no matter what.

Friday night-We were having our neighbor Denny over, and his daughter Ali but while we were waiting for them to come over, Avery got playing w/ our neighbor boy Kayson and so Ryan and Janelle (Kayson's parents) came over too.  I love talking w/ Janelle!  The more the merrier.  So then the beer made it to the driveway, and before we knew it we were dragging chairs out to hang.  Our neighbors Tim and Jen also, stopped over, then later Mere and Johnny too.  It was a fun impromptu evening.  Nikki and Janelle and I have been walking every night and so Nikki and Janelle and I finally got our walk in and then resumed our spots in the driveway w/ the rest of the gang :)  I went to bed way too late.

Saturday was a relaxing day.  Had planned a pool day with Angie and Janelle and the kids, but it was gloomy so I spent the day cleaning, getting groceries, and got a mani and pedi while Avery napped.  We got the yard mowed and looking nice and just hung out.  I love those kinds of days!  Eventually the sun came out and went met some neighbors at Nikki and Eric's while the kids had fun in the pool, slip n' slide and the water ball. 

Father's Day was a good day!  I made a feast :)  Brisket, cheesy potatoes, jalapeno bread, and a huge salad.  My dad came up to spend the afternoon with us and we had fun chatting and most of all just sitting in the backyard and watching Avery play in the pool.  (Pictures to come) 

Avery was so good this weekend and it was just a lot of fun!  Redo please! :)

Hope all the dads had a great Father's Day!
Well that is almost every second of my weekend, bet you wanted to know all of that, huh?! :) ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment