Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Note of Nothingness (really)

  • I love reading Friday Favorites on Iowa Girl Eats blog...love it!  Great recipes, pictures and funnies!  Check today's out!  I love the Favorite Idea w/ the "feet".  Adorable when the baby feet show up!  Here is her blog, check it out!!
  • Valentine's Day and Rusty and my birthdays are coming up.  I wonder if we will do anything special? 
  • I really hope to be able to take a vacation this Spring/Summer somewhere warm and beachy.  We typically go at the end of April each year, and I just hope we can pull it off again this year!  It sounds heavenly right now!  I am looking forward to however, a quick weekend getaway with 4 friends to Chicago for St. Patricks Day!  It should be crazy and fun!  Thanks to Holly who got me an awesome shirt from Raygun that says "Kiss Me I'm Iowish"  how clever and fun...and of course I won't be kissing anyone on this trip but it's so cute since it says "Iowish".  get it, ha ha.  tee heee!
  • Here is a quote that I found fitting for right now:  "Be Careful of being too impressed with or trying to impress others.  It's the quickest way to compromise what you believe" 
  • I miss my new niece.  I wish I lived closer to my brother, although 2 hours is not far away.  I'd just love to be able to pop over for a quick visit here and there.  They just change so quickly!
  • I printed out a new soup recipe to try this weekend! Can't wait. I already have a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that I love, but this is a Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe, once again from Iowa Girl Eats Friday Favorites and I can't wait to try to!  (see I told you I love her blog)
  • I have a list of things I "want" but I am trying to not shop much and just chill out and save and pay on small little piddly bills.  I think that makes my temptation even more.
  • I am thinking about taking Avery to Water Babies at the YMCA.  Something fun for her and I and to get us out of the house and in the water this Feb. and March.  Also, maybe she will be excited and not scared at all (not that she will be) of the water at the pool this summer!
  • Avery tries to make me laugh all the time. She is a hoot.  And then she laughs at herself because she knows she is being silly.  Her latest thing was doing "fish hooks".  I almost died when I saw her doing that.  I wonder where she gets these things!  Here is a picture, enjoy, it's very attractive :) 


Silly Girl


1 comment:

  1. It does seem like when you're trying to save money, all you want to do is shop. The same thing happened to me, but eventually it went away, so hopefully it does for you too.

    ReplyDelete