Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Happy Monday!  Well...if I am being honest, I am NOT happy that it is Monday.  Ha!
This weekend was a pretty relaxing one.

Friday night Rusty was home at a pretty good time for once, so I met up w/ some girlies for Happy Hour.  $1 draws...yes please!!  And free food!  BUT..I was feeling so fat, I didn't eat any of it.  THEN...I was so hungry and needed to get something in my belly after drinks that on the way home I grabbed McDonald's.  Healthy right?  Oh man!  Story of my life!  I was happy to be able to go out for just a bit, and had a good time!  I was still home by 6:30.  I just spent the rest of the night cuddling with Avery. 

Saturday Rusty worked, and Aver and I just did our usual Saturday routine.  We played, got groceries, and I tried a new recipe!  I got the recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and click here and you will find it in her Friday Favorites!  I made it at lunch time and Rusty wasn't home, so he hasn't tried it yet, but I think it's yummy and one I'd make again for sure!  I have a Chicken Tortilla soup that I make often, and I think I like it a tad better, but this is a different version or something similar and they are both good go to's!

Chicken Enchilada Soup w/ homemade tortilla strips:


Then Saturday night we all headed to Atlantic, to surprise Rusty's mom for dinner for her birthday!  She didn't know any of us kids were coming and it was a fun time.  Rusty drove separately and then headed to our friend Greg's house to go ice fishing all day Sunday. 

Sunday, Avery and I were on our own and I just did a lot of cleaning, laundry and playing w/ Avery.  Oh..and did some flipping between football and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (love that show!)!  I also made some yummy chili.  I showered and didn't do much else w/ myself.  I was a scary sight, let me tell you! :) 

Well, that was our weekend!  I got lots of good cuddle time with Avery.  We even played catch in the basement and she is getting pretty good at throwing and catching!  We would also hide from each other and then I would try to scare her...man does she love that! :) 


Being silly!

Have a good week!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment