Here is what we were up to this past weekend!
Friday I left work early and picked up Avery. She was feeling warm, right at 100, but was doing ok. I got her home for a nap and then I waited for the carpet cleaners to come. Wow, do I feel better and like my basement is much cleaner now that is done!
I skipped my work holiday party and was just a bum with my family! We ordered Chinese and just hung out at home. It sounds like I didn't miss much in a few of my coworkers opinions so that made me feel better!
Saturday, we did some stuff around the house. Avery crashed and woke up with a temp of 102, but it didn't last long. It was back down before bed time. Whew! There was a lot of movie watching and coloring. I had to make a Starbucks and Target run just to get out and about and get some fresh air!
I started Elf on the Shelf with Avery on Dec. 1st. Here is a little glimpse of the first day. I can't decide if I will post these as we go, or do one blog post with all of them at once. But for now, here is Day 1. The Elf just waited for Avery to wake up from her nap and left her a note introducing herself. Avery decided to name the elf "Tiger". Ok, Avery. ha! I just went with it.
| Tiger waiting for sick Avery to wake up! |
Sunday was more of the same really. I got groceries and got all caught up on laundry. The good things! Avery and I made white almond bark covered pretzels. She loved putting the sprinkles on! Something fun for her to do since we were trying to get her rested up and get over whatever she had!
| Such a good helper! |
We watched a lot of football this weekend-whoa on the WI vs. NE game. Wowsers! Also, we are Chiefs fans at our house, so the news of what happened there was really disturbing. Sad!
Rusty dinked around in the garage and got his ice shack down from storing it all summer. Now, he just needs really cold temps and ice to form in MN so he can make his annual trip! He even got Avery to come out and sit with him in the "tent" in the garage for a while! Too funny!
![]() |
| In daddy's ice shack |
Here is a picture I snapped of Avery on my phone while we were waiting for Janelle to stop over. So cute! She loves getting dressed up!

ADORABLE FAMILY PIC!! LOVE IT!!
ReplyDelete