Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, September 30, 2010

If I...

If I...could have any job in the world, I would be a stay at home mom.  There is nothing in the world that makes me happier than Avery.  Often times when at my desk at work, I think of all the fun things I could spend the day doing with her.  I love her more than words can say.  I would also entertain and give serious thought to (when she was older of course) having a flower shop.  I realize there seem to be one on every corner, but I have always thought that would be so fun!  You would constantly brighten peoples day by bringing them flowers!  Doesn't that sound delightful.  Rusty could help me too, and maybe it could be part flower shop and part coffee shop, and Rusty could be our Barista!  I can just see Avery riding along on flower deliveries now!  I can dream, right?! 

If I...had lots o' lots o' money...I'd want to have fun with it, but I'd also want to help people that have less than me!  I think of so many things I could do and so many people I could help.  I am sure everyone does.  While it makes me appreciate what we have, even if there are times we compare ourselves to someone who apparently has more..there are times I see someone, or a family really struggling, or someone who just seems to need so much.  Just the other day I saw an older man, pushing his rickety bike up a steep hill.  I felt bad for him that he may not have a car, I felt bad that such an old man had to push his bike up a hill because it was that steep, I also felt bad because he looked like his shoes had walked too many miles.  I wanted to pull over and offer him a ride (but I know that isn't safe for a women with a child in the car), or wished I had a brand new pair of shoes I could just hand him (but wouldn't want to diminish his dignity). Now, I don't know..maybe he did have a car..maybe he does have nice things at home...but at first glance..these are the things I was thinking.  I love to shop, I love nice things, who doesn't?  But..lately I have been making a lot of mental notes of these things I've been seeing...and am going to try to make an effort to save more, shop less, and not want...so much, when the things I have are perfectly great.

More If I's to come in the future..... :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post Nic! I think the same thing when I see people like that. It makes me sad! :( I LOVE the new background!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah!! I love comments! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete