Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, December 6, 2010

December 5th, 2006

Well, here this goes. 

Sad, unfortunate things happen to everyone.  We all know and hear of heart breaking stories that make our hearts go out to people.  The kind of things that happen to people, that makes us ask “Why?” and question what we believe in.  If I were a very, very good Christian, I probably wouldn’t question these things, but I would just trust in Him, but I am a work in progress in this area.  Things happen that make the world seem like it is standing still, although we know, the world doesn’t stop just because something sad and tragic happened.  For all of you that have gone through something like this, I feel for you.

Well, my family is no exception.  We, like many others, have experienced our own form of loss.  On December 5th, 2006 my first daughter was born.  Sydney Kate.  Here is a picture of her J 
Sydney passed away December 8th, 2006.  While it was one of the greatest moments of our lives, our daughter passing away was THE, without question, saddest day of our lives.  I will spare you all of the details, but just say that Sydney was born with Trisomy 13, and you can feel free to research it or ask me questions.

So far my blog posts have been all fun and games and random thoughts, this is far from that but I can not pass this day without taking time to remember my first daughter.  I think of her everyday and we miss her very much.  Sydney would have turned 4 years old yesterday; it is just a special day to remember our 3 days with her.

I knew that when our 2nd daughter Avery was born, Sydney would still not be forgotten, or replaced, there is no way that could happen.  I did expect for it to get easier in a way to cope with.  In some ways, it has, but in other ways it just makes it harder.  I feel sad that Sydney isn’t here to enjoy life with us, and that even though Avery has a sister, they will not get to grow up together.  I also miss her even more I believe because being a mother is the best thing in the world and I only wish Sydney was here for me to hug and kiss everyday. 

We spent yesterday, not really talking much, but giving every hug, kiss and laugh we could with Avery, all along remember our sweet Sydney.

We miss you!
We love you!
Life is precious.  We knew that then, and we still know.
I would also like to say, that on January 14th, 2010, my faith received a big boost when we welcomed our 2nd daughter Avery Quinn into the world.
We are very lucky to have welcomed 2 beautiful girls to this world!




2 comments:

  1. I struggle to find words right now. Even though I knew this, I was so touched by this post that I started tearing up at my desk.
    Sydney would have been a wonderful big sister to Avery and I can only imagine the smiles Avery would have given to Sydney.
    I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on blog posts, and saw this one. Like Angie, it brought tears. You and Rusty are such great examples of loving parents, and Avery AND Sydney are lucky you two were chosen for them!! Love ya!!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete