Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Up In the Gym Just Working on My Fitness

Thank you Fergie, for having this tune in my head now!  

I am betting that most people have some sort of weight loss goal, or health goal for 2011.  That’s like the #1 NY’s Resolution, right?  It’s the time of year for that, right?  Reflection on the past year, hopes and wishes for the year to come?!  Well, I am not really one to make New Years resolutions, and I am hoping to make this more of a lifestyle change, rather than a resolution, but I do have some goals for myself for 2011!

I have some things coming up that I’d really like to be in shape for in 2011:

April-Family vacation to Florida (I need to be beach and swimsuit ready for that!)


June-Dam to Dam 20K.  I can’t say I ENJOY running, but I do enjoy the sense of accomplishment when I finish a run, or a 5k (which to this point is the most I have tackled).  I ran cross country in high school (10 years ago!!!) so I know I can do it, but…yes, that was 10 years ago!!  I am way out of shape!  I think having this goal will give me something to work towards and will also get me to the treadmill!  Let’s hope!  I’d really like to cross this off the list of things I have done!  I have rounded up a few girls willing to join me, so that should be motivation also.  I am tired just thinking of it!  I know that if I do pull this off, I will probably melt into tears at the finish line and be so proud of myself!  I hope I can stick to this!


August-One of my best friends from high school is getting married, and I get to be a bridesmaid!!!  So very, very excited!  Of course I will need to be in shape and get ride of my “muffin top” for this occasion! 

I had a baby 1 year ago, so I can’t use that as an excuse anymore!  I also need to be in better shape since my family has a history of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease.  I need to start taking care of myself. 

Something that is very hard for me is finding time and making time. 
My day:
-Get up at 5 a.m.-Shower and get ready for work
-Get Avery up at 6:15-Get Avery dressed and feed her breakfast
-Leave for work at 6:45-work until 3:30
-Pick up Avery from daycare at 3:30 and then home
-Home and that includes playing with Avery (my fav), laundry, making dinner, picking up the house, etc., putting Avery to bed, wind down time, and then sleep for myself.
Then do it all over again the next day.  So when am I going to work out?  I don’t really want to give up my evening time with Avery because the nights are so short, but if I wait until she goes to bed, then I am tired and not wanting to brave the winter weather again and leave the house again!  I can’t do it in the morning, or I’d be getting up at 4 AM and that seems crazy! 

Well, I need to do it, I am going to do it, and I am just going to have to make it work.  Even if I hate every second of it.
I only pray I start seeing results soon to keep me motivated! 
I am only 5’ 2” and I am tired of being a short fatty!  J




2 comments:

  1. I still wish you would go to my gym!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hard to give up those evenings! i don't get home until 5:30 and P goes to bed at 7:30...so I usually head out about 7 or 7:30 to go work out (which sucks b/c normally I would be in sweats ready for bed by then!). I'm going to try to do the 5k dam to dam, so hopefully that will keep me motivated in the next 4 months! ha! good luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete