Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland Whirlwind

Where does the time go!  I stink at this blogging in a timely fashion thing!

What’s going on with me you ask?!  Well, where did I leave off?  I think I pretty much fell off the face of the earth after Christmas (not that I did that well at blogging often before that). 

Let’s see:  New Years Eve!  We didn’t do much.  Rusty worked all day, I played with Avery.  He got home and we watched some football, ate some snacks and then split a bottle of Champagne (mine with strawberries, just like on Pretty Woman!) J  Rusty wouldn’t let me take a picture of him drinking pink champagne though!  Bummer!  We got invited to our super cool neighbor’s house, which we love, but Rusty was ready to hit the couch after being gone all day! 

New Years Day, we headed to my mom and step dads house for Christmas with them.  Since we stayed home this year, we traveled on other dates to do Christmas with each family.  (I blogged previously about Christmas w/ Rusty’s family, which took place on Dec. 18th)  Stay tuned for a belated “Christmas in Pictures” blog to follow soon!  We had a great time and a great meal at my moms house and, Oh my, how Avery loves her Grannie W. 

The next week Rusty was out of town for a few days, but Avery and I survived.
On Friday I had big plans!  I have not spent one night away from Avery, but Friday Jan. 7th, was my first time.  I had plans to clean, get ready for a baby shower I was hosting on Saturday, and then go out to dinner and then drinks with my friend Angie.  This did not happen L  I was not feeling well.  I left work, missed out on lunch and shopping with Rusty’s Mom and Grandma, went home and went straight to bed for a few hours.  I felt a tad better when I woke up, went and picked up Avery from daycare to spend time with her before she left town.   I did end up meeting Rusty’s mom and Grandma at Babies R Us to get Avery 2 forward facing car seats since SHE’LL BE ONE ON FRIDAY!! (Where does the time go?!)  Well, here come the tears.  It was time for Rusty’s mom and grandma to leave, so I packed up Avery and hugged and kissed her and cried as they pulled out of the driveway, but I knew she was in good hands.  I also knew this was the best option, since I wasn’t’ feeling well, since I needed to get my house clean for the baby shower I was throwing the next day, and get food prepared for it.  So Avery left with them.  I was home alone.  First time in like a year I had a night all to myself.  No Rusty, no Avery. It was weird.  I immediately began cleaning.  House clean, food that could be prepared in advance was prepared.  It was time for a Target run.  Oh how I love Target.  I picked myself up some soup and came home to be a bum on the couch and went to bed super early! 

The next morning was my neighbor, Jess’ baby shower!  I will post a separate blog about this event, with pictures too!  It was a good shower!    

After the shower, I headed to my dads house for Christmas there!  I met Rusty there and picked up Avery!  Oh how I missed her!  Sigh of relief that now all Christmases with ALL families are now complete!  It has been a great Christmas season this year, but I will admit, I am ready to go back to the routine and not traveling every weekend!  We had a good time that night and Avery got spoiled once again!  Like I said before, I’ll post some pictures from Christmas soon!  Hopefully before next year! J

Now, it’s on to getting ready to celebrate my baby girls 1st birthday!  I can’t believe a year has gone by already!  I love her so much! 

More updates to come, hopefully sooner than later! J

Love,
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment