Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Closet

Soooo...it's Fall in Iowa.  That means waking up each morning in October with 40 degree temps and then by afternoon it can be 60's, 70's or even 80's.  It's very hard to know what to wear when this happens.  It's so chilly in the morning, and I am ready to dress for Fall and put Summer clothes away...but then by the afternoon, it's so hot.  What to do?  This leaves me each morning standing in my closet wondering what to wear.  Sandals or Shoes/Boots?  Short Sleeves or Long Sleeves?  I like to feel like I look nice, I like to feel like I did something with myself when I go to work and just standing looking into this closet has me wasting too much time in the mornings! 

I would like to totally revamp my closet, and my wardrobe...but let's face it..THAT'S EXPENSIVE!  I love to shop, but I am also kind of on a kick lately where I feel like I should save more money, so this feeling the need to revamp my closet is not coming at a very good time.  I feel like I have nothing to wear!  How can this be?  I am always buying something here and something there. 

I decided that I am finally going to part with ALL OF...the jeans that I don't wear anymore either because they are too small, worn out, or I just don't like.  Why am I keeping them around?  I have stacks and stacks of them.  Some girls love shoes...I love jeans.  I think this stems from my days of managing The Buckle.  I am going to do the same w/ my sweaters and shirts too!  Goodwill...here they come!    Clothes are so expensive and I keep thinking..well maybe I'll fit into that again, or maybe I'll wear that...but never do! So it's time to weed out!  Maybe now slowly I will add new staples to my wardrobe and start building it back up! 

Next on the weeding out projects should be our pantry and the cabinet where we keep all our tupperware like stuff!  I really need to get something to organize all my spices and things!  Baby steps....baby steps! 

3 comments:

  1. NO! YOU MUST LET ME SEE THESE PIECES BEFORE THEY GO TO GOODWILL!!! Pretty Please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can! I'll save them for your viewing pleasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sista! I hear ya on the closet situation :)

    ReplyDelete