So I took the plunge! I changed my shift to 7-3:30 a.m. I think I happy with my decision.
It all started when I got to thinking that the mornings are pretty hectic. Rusty gets up early, drinks coffee, gets ready for the day, then gets Avery up, I am getting up around this time too. Rusty has me pick out what he wants to dress Avery in, I say good morning to my little happy girl, then I shower and start getting ready. In this time Rusty is feeding Avery and about 7 a.m. he'd bring her in with me to play while I finished getting ready so he could head to work. Avery would play, crawl around near me, I'd finish getting ready and then load her up, drop her off at daycare and head to work. I would often times talk to the daycare ladies too long, and hit 8 a.m. traffic and be stressing myself out because I was running late.
Last week Rusty was out of town all week, so I had no choice but to get Avery and myself ready for the day all myself. I was a little nervous about how much time it would take so I got up extra early. I allowed so much time I had Avery and I ready by 6:30 a.m. so I just decided to take her to daycare early and come into work early. Turns out I loved it so much I did that all week!
I then realized, getting up early worked way better for me. I got to wake up early, have a quiet house to get ready in, when I heard Avery wake up I was already mostly ready so I could focus on her, change her, feed her, and play with her before taking her to daycare. I didn't have the stress of feeling like I was running late, or the 8 a.m. traffic, and it was so nice to come into work and have it be so quiet. Kind of relaxing. I also felt like I got a good jump on the day, got a lot done at work in the mornings and was ahead of schedule.
Now that Rusty is home, I get up early still, get myself ready, then when Avery wakes up I get her ready while Rusty is getting ready and then I head to work and Rusty drops her off at daycare...and I just buzz into work...no traffic...and a 5 minute drive. It's heavenly!
Soo...I have officially changed my hours! Let's hope it works out well this Winter when it's so dark, cold, and Rusty has to snow blow so I can get to work on time!
No comments:
Post a Comment