Last week our neighborhood got Booed! I had never heard of this before, but as I was telling my co-workers a lot of them had heard of this before or done this in their own neighborhood. It was super fun.
I started seeing some neighbors have a Ghost taped on their front door, and it said "We've Been Booed", but I had no idea what it was about until I got Booed myself! :) I opened the door to let my dog out before bedtime and found a little goodie bucket! Yah! I had been Booed! We got a cute Halloween bucket w/ a Dora Halloween book for Avery, a big of candy corn, Halloween sugar cookies, a Halloween shirt for Avery, and some glow in the dark bracelets that she will wear when we go Trick-Or-Treating!! Very fun! We then had 24 hours to put together 2 treat buckets for 2 more of our neighbors. As I drive down the street I see these on a lot of doors and it makes me smile! So fun! Here is the little poem that came in our bucket, it has the website at the bottom of it if you want to do it in your own neighborhood!
You’ve Been Booed!
The air is cool, the season fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all
The spooks are after things to do
In fact, a spook brought this to you
Boo is a shield from witching hour
Just hang it up and watch it’s power
On your front door is where it works
It wards off spooks and scary jerks
The treats that come with cryptic note
Are yours to keep, enjoy them both
The power comes when friends like you
Will copy this and make it two...
Then others here along the street
Will say howdy-do to all they meet
We’ll all have smiles upon our face
No one will know who “booed” whose place
Just one short day to work your spell
Or a big zap will stride your tail
And don’t forget a nifty treat
Like something cute or something sweet
Please join the fun, lets really hear it
And spread some “Boos” and Halloween spirit
You have been Booed! Please keep it going by following these directions...
1. Enjoy your treats
2. Place your “Boo” on your front door
3. Now you have 24 hours to copy this twice, make or buy treats and copy or make two
“Boos.” (You can print this from www.prestburyhoa.org/boo)
4. Then, secretly deliver to two neighbors who don’t have a “Boo” on their door.
5. Keep an eye on nearby front doors and watch how far the fun will spread.



No comments:
Post a Comment