Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, February 27, 2012

My Birthday!

What a good weekend!  I am sad to say it's over! 

I was reminded of a couple of things this weekend:

1)  I should talk less
2)  I should drink less (which will also help me talk less)
3)  I have really awesome friends & family

The whole weekend was really amazing!  I am so lucky to have such fun people in my life!!

Friday- I went out for drinks with some coworkers!  I only intended on staying an hour, but who am I kidding....I was home in time though to hang out w/ Avery and Rusty for a while before it was Avery's bedtime!  I don't do this very often at all, so it was fun for a change. 

Saturday-Rusty worked a bit in the morning and Avery and did some shopping and errand running. She was such a big girl and listened very well!  I was proud of her.  That afternoon my mom, brother, s.i.l and niece came up for a visit.  It was sooo good to see them!  Avery kept asking to hold Charleigh and was all about her!  It was so cute!  My grandpa & grandma came up too, as well as my Aunt Pam, cousin Tiffany and her daughter Natalie.  It was a fun visit! 

That night, Rusty, me and my brother and s.i.l, met our friends and neighbors Ryan, Janelle, Nikki and Eric at El Rodeo for dinner!  It was so yummy and fun!  Love these people!  It seemed like everyone was ready to have fun!  Here are a couple embarrassing photos from some naughty people giving me a shot and telling them it was my birthday.  I was caught off guard and for sure embarrassed (in a good way!) ha! 


After that we all decided to go to Kenny's in Waukee for a bit.  When I got there there were already some friends and family there!  I was so surprised....and it is hard to surprise me! Throughout the night, my friends kept trickling in!  Everyone was in on this and I was so surprised!!!  I guess Rusty asked my neighbor Nikki to help pull this off, and they totally did!  It was a lot of fun!  Thanks to both of them!  No one expects a party for 32!!!  Yes, I said it, 32!  Ugh!

I will post a pictures of the night soon (i just need to get the pictures off my camera first!)  So stay tuned for that!  I had a couple of texts on Sunday morning asking how I was feeling, which leads me to believe I was behaving like a crazy person...but...I actually ended the night w/ several waters and was home by 12...and woke up feeling great!  I think a couple people celebrated my birthday harder than I did, and I say...good for them!   ha! 

Sunday was my actual birthday, and after my family left, Rusty, Avery and I all cleaned up and went to lunch!  It was nice, and yummy!  Then we let Avery play in the germ-infested play area! She loves it! 

On top of all that fun, seeing like 100 Facebook notes wishing you a Happy Birthday is enough to make a girl feel really special!  I also got some really great gifts, cards and moolah, and plane tickets to Florida...SUCCESS!!!  So thank you all!!  Love it!

More pictures to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment