Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trying to be Healthy (again)

This last weeks awesome weather in the 40's and 50's started to get me exicted about Spring!  Oh how I can't wait for grilling, windows open and fresh air, playing outside with my family, walks with Nikki and Janelle in the evenings, and all the outdoor fun stuff you can do with good weather!!  I could go on and on!  Oh man!  Hurry Spring!  Although I can't really complain because we haven't had a bad Winter at all. 

I realized that I have two trips coming up that are fast approaching...and in true Nicky fashion, I want to drop some weight....and fast!  I am not going to call this a "diet" per say, but I am going to try to eat mainly healthy, non-processed foods.  Mostly, salads and veggies, fruits and lean meats. I'll try to eat natural sugars and no carbs/sweets.  I'll try to use Greek Yogurt instead of other yogurt and Almond milk since I will be limiting dairy too!  (I am thinking I will really miss cheese!)  We'll see how this goes.


Getting prepared!

While I am typing this, I realize that  this weekend will be tough because it's our birthday weekend and we already have some fun things planned that involve yummy dinner plans, and drinks...so I will allow myself that, but then back on the healthy train!  It is hard that so many social things revolve around food and drinks!

I do not want to feel/look like a fatty for my ST. PATRICK'S DAY girls weekend in CHICAGO!!!!  (Super, super excited!!)  Nor do I want to even think about putting on a swim suit right now for our April Family Vacation to Florida.  *Sigh*  So...I must get busy! 

I love to cook, so this is always hard for me, because honestly...it's not really fun to toss some lettuce and veggies in a bowl for dinner.  It's not really "cooking".  BUT..I can do it for a couple of months, right? 

One of my favorite blogs (and apparently lots of other peoples too because she has become like a local celeb!) is Iowa Girl Eats.  Right now...I maybe shouldn't read her blog, because she just posted about a chicken and eggplant panini that I would like to eat right now as her post...I digress.    Anyway, she has this recipe for a Green Monster Smoothie and that is going to be part of my new daily regimine.  A friend of mine has recently started making these, and actually loves them! 

Well I just put all of this out here for the world to read...so hopefully a few of you can help keep me on track!  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment