Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This and That~February

I haven't blogged since the week of the Super Bowl!  Geesh!  Where have I been??  I can't believe it's already the end of February!  Time flies when you're having fun (and sick)

Well...I made these yummy treats for the Super Bowl!  Something new and they were yummy!  I think we'll modify the recipe a little bit the next time we make them...but they were super good!  We just stayed in and watched the Super Bowl, just the 3 of us and it was nice.  Of course I love the game, but the music and commercials are worth it all!
The next week I worked a lot of overtime and maybe just wore myself down a bit...because by Thursday night..I ended up w/ the flu!  Ugh.  So I was sick Thursday night and Friday and started to feel better Saturday (or so I thought).  Saturday night we had a girls night out planned w/ all of the gals who are going to Chicago for St. Paddy's Day together so I was determined to feel better!  We met at Raccoon River Brewing Company and had my favorite Vanilla beer there.  Although I wasn't sure I was going to be able to drink..it went down quite nicely.  ha!  Then we went to dinner at Centro.  One of my favorites!  After eating a bit I started not feeling well again, so I had to ask my friends to take me home.  Bummer!  Due to not feeling well, I got zero pictures!  Double bummer! 
Mid-week Avery had a play date with our adorable neighbor Kayson!  They had a good time and thought this was so cute!  Kayson wanted to hold Avery's hand for the picture! 
Enjoying their yogurt!

The next week was Valentine's week!  Oh how I love this holiday.  Always have!  Married or not married, dating or not dating...I love this holiday!  It is annoying all the people who go on and on about this "made up" holiday and all of that.  Yes, we know we should treat our loved ones well every day (agreed), but it's nice to have a day totally dedicated to LOVE!  We gave Avery her Valentine's and she got a lot of Valentine's in the mail.   It's just so fun! 
I also got these beautiful flowers!
Thanks Rust!

That Thursday Rusty and a couple of his good friends headed to Ottertail in MN to get in one last ice fishing trips.  They had a good time, and caught their limit everyday. 


Rusty is now home after being gone for 4 days, and he is happy to be home!  That's nice! 
He took Gordy to the vet for me last night and Gordy got more prednizone and also some antibiotics for his ears.  This poor dog is falling apart.  But he sure is cute!  Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon! 

This week is Rusty's birthday...and mine too!  Fun stuff!  We have some fun things planned this weekend...I'll blog about that soon!

How is that for wrapping up the past month if one blog!  ha! 

1 comment: