Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, August 27, 2012

Battle Lake, MN {Otter Tail Lake}

The second weekend in August Rusty, Avery & I headed to Battle Lake, MN for a long weekend!  Rusty has been there several times before for ice fishing trips, but never in the summer for open water fishing.  He was really excited to go, and also to take Avery & I. 

This all came about because our good friends Greg & Katie were going to be there for a family vacation.  They were there a whole week before us, and most of their family was leaving the day we arrived. 

We loaded up MY NEW CAR (yay!) and I brought a ton of things to entertain Avery with in the car.  She did amazing!  Not fussy, not antsy, she did great!  We are in the middle of potty training, and not one accident, not one wet pull up!  Success!  So proud! 

Ready to hit the road!
Our friends were staying at Barkey's Resort in Battle Lake, which, for this very small lake town, is really nice!  The Carpenter's however, planned this trip later than Greg & Katie and Barkey's was full.  (sigh).  We stayed at a place that Rusty had never been too, and there were no pictures online.  Talk about taking our chances, right?  Oh man!  We were w/i walking distance from G & K's place (which ended up being really helpful!) @  The Nifty Nook.  Oh, the Nifty Nook~it was not very nifty!  Ewww is all I can say!  I ended up taking my little shower bag down to Greg & Katie's every morning to shower there!   We ate there too!  Thank goodness for them!

We arrived Thursday night, just late enough to check in, and visit G & K for a bit.  Then off to bed. 
Connor Dreyer

Friday and Saturday were filled with fishing and hanging out with our friends!  Avery and I spent hours at the dock w/ her Barbie fishing pole! 




Friday, I will admit, Avery and I were a little bored.  I did my best to entertain her and keep busy, but Rusty was out fishing most of the day w/o us. 
Avery holding a fish Rusty caught

Saturday however, was a really fun day! 

The first fish Avery caught all by herself!


Avery kissing the fishy

Notice Rusty fishing w/ the Barbie pole!

Saturday, Gregs dad took us all out on a boat ride.  Avery wanted to go faster and faster!  She is a hoot!  Then that afternoon Greg, Katie, Rusty and I went out fishing w/ the fishing guide Ross while Gregs parents watched Connor and Avery.  They had a good time and so did we!  The girls actually caught more fish then the guys did! Our guide Ross is super cool-he is the guide when Rusty and Greg go ice fishing too!  We then went to a fun place for dinner, Zorbaz.  You can boat up to it and its a pretty fun atmosphere too!  Yum!

Zorbaz



Pay no attention to the 4 hr. wind blown boat look I have!

The crew, minus Katie who needed to "feed" Connor asap! ha!
Sunday we headed home right when we woke up and got home just in time to unpack and enjoy some time at home that evening! 

I am not sure Rusty will bring us back :) , but it was good for us to go and Avery had a great time for sure!  A fun experience and getaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment