Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Taco Time {Recipe}

A lot of people make tacos, but I wanted to share a different recipe that is along the same lines to help change it up a little!
This recipe is super easy and fast!
I hope you enjoy!

Brown your hamburger meat-I use 1 lb.  That makes 4 pockets.  You can make them smaller though and it could make more (similar to empanata size)
When the hamburger is cooked, I add a packet of taco seasoning, just like I do when I make tacos!  Let that cook.
While that is cooking I lay out my crescent roll triangles.  I take two triangles to form a rectangle-kind of smoosh them together.  I set the other 2 triangles to the side so that I can use them later for the top to make the "pocket".
Next, I lay a green chili on top.  I buy a can of the whole green chili and pull it apart (notice, I left one w/o for Avery).
After the chili, start placing the taco meat, and top with cheese if you like!

To close up the pocket, place the other 2 crescent sections on top.  I like to seal the sides up with a fork (Averys no chili pocket is marked with a toothpick)!
Pop them in the oven and cook as directed on the crescent roll package
This is what they look like when they are done!
Rusty can eat a whole one, and be super full.  I always cut mine in half!
At our house, we like to top them with sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa-just like a normal taco, right?!

Yum!  Let me know if you make these sometime and what you think, or if you tweak the recipe to your families liking!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, I hope you like it! :) Let me know!!

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy and DIFFERENT! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete