Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gymnastics

I love that Avery is getting old enough to be able to start participating in some fun activities!  Love it!

Avery started gymnastics this past Tuesday with the 3 year old class!  She isn't 3 until January, but I was told that if Avery was independent enough, she could join! 

I think I was more excited then Avery!  Off I went to find her a leotard.  Slim pickings for her size, but the gym sells some there too, so I may get her a more fancy one if she ends up really liking it!

Here is a picture of Avery "practicing" her gymnast moves Monday night after I brought home her new leotard to try on!  She played in her room doing "somersaults" for probably 30 minutes.  It was so cute!  Excuse the blurry phone pictures! 

Tuesday we got to class and she was so excited to watch through the window in the waiting room and she kept asking me if she could go in there yet.  We were a little early, so she had to wait and watch with me for a bit, but I think that helped get her interested and excited! 

It is also fun that a neighbor girl of ours, Livy, is in Avery's same group and time slot! 

Here is a picture of me being a crazy mom and taking a picture of Avery and her group stretching.  Yes, I am that mom!

It was adorable to watch Avery do exactly what she was being told to do, and watch her instructors do things and her to mock them!

The kids stretched, did some trampoline time, walked on the balance beam with their instructor and more trampoline time.  It was adorable to watch!

As soon as class was over she came out of the gym and yelled "Mommy, I did it!".  She loved her first night of gymnastics, and was upset with me for a good 30 minutes afterwards that I had to take her home.  She told me, "Mommy, I just want to do one more thing!".  At least she loved it! 

I hope she is just as excited and has just as much fun this next Tuesday! 
Love her! 

1 comment: