Now onto the real topic of this post.
Two weeks ago my Dad turned 70! I can't believe he has hit such a huge milestone!
6 or so years ago my dad had triple bypass surgery. He had very major blockage. Our family history has a long line of heart disease so this makes it even more scary for our family. To top that off, my dad lost both of his parents very young. His mother passed before I was born, and my Grandpa Henry passed when I was 5 or so. Needless to say, I am happy that my dad has outlived the age his parents did, and that no one would guess that he is 70! We are keeping him young! I guess the white hair is an age giveaway, but he sure doesn't seem 70 otherwise!
Now for the fun part! What better way to celebrate such a milestone other than with a party! Well, that's just what we did.
A couple Saturday's ago we headed home to celebrate with my dad, and 100 friends and family members. It was a fun time!
Friends, Food, Drinks and music. A good friend of my Dad's who does comedy shows on the side even did a little stand up routine at my Dad's expense. Funny, funny man!
Another huge surprise was my cousin Wade and his girlfriend Kristy came and surprised my dad. I was probably surprised the most and spent the majority of the night getting caught up with them. Love him! (I would share a picture, but it's a vertical one and we all know I can never get those to upload vertical on blogger...grr.)
Avery seriously danced on the middle of the dance floor for hours and hours (mainly by herself) with the whole party watching. It was beyond adorable! Also very cute is that a friend of mine from high school, Amber has a daughter that is just about a month younger than Avery and they warmed up to each other and had a great time playing.
Here are just a few pictures from the evening!
Here are to 70 more years Dad! I love you!!
![]() |
| Reese & Avery-new friends! |
![]() |
| Party People |
![]() |
| My Dad, brother Hank, and husband Rusty |



No comments:
Post a Comment