Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend at the Cabin

Every year we do a weekend with my Dad and family.  Typically in Okoboji or Spirit Lake, and typically in August or September. 

This year, it worked out to be the last weekend in October.  Kind of cold for the lake, right?  Well it was kind of chilly, but it was a great time!
Family picture, minus Rusty (we left an empty spot for him)

All the kids were looking!  Wow!

We stayed in this awesome cabin!  Funny side note:  I love the things Avery says.  I should correct her, but it's just so darn cute.  She says we stayed at the cabinet instead of cabin!  Love it! ha!  Ok, I'll continue.  There were at least 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.  There was a downstairs area with even more room and an air hockey table too.  Tons of room for all of us!  It was so nice and the scenery was beautiful!  It was really in the middle of nowhere!


Avery loved sleeping in the bunk bed, although I wouldn't let her sleep on top!

Another room.  It was so cozy.


Don't mind all our "stuff".  We for sure took over the place!


Fog over the lake the first morning

Avery loved the look over the house from above

We spent the weekend hanging out, talking, eating a lot, drinking some, watching football and just relaxing! 

A table just their size!


Avery saying good morning to Abel


Add caption


Charleigh


Having a snack


Hank and Dad on a walk




Avery giving Charleigh her toys

Dad watching some football, and probably dozing off!

Rusty wasn't able to make it because he had to work, but I know he would have loved it there.  He would have just wished it was nice enough to fish though.

I think it would be so fun some weekend to rent that house with a group of friends and just hang out for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment