Here is my little shopper getting stocked up on some things! So cute! What a ham!
Wednesday night my mom came to town and had a "sleep over" with us. Who doesn't love sleep overs? She brought Avery a movie which we have watched over and over ever since then. She brought me...a...making homemade noodles lesson! I was super excited to learn, and it was a lot of fun to do this with my mom and Avery. We made them from scratch and the passed the test on Thanksgiving when everyone ate them! Super good memory of this. I didn't even mind the mess!
Avery loved playing with the noodles and rolling out the pieces we gave her with the rolling pin, which she called the "steering wheel". Love these little things she comes up with.
| Letting Avery measure |
| Rolling out her dough |
| Laying them out to dry |
| My lil turkey! How cute is this? |
| This was sent to me via phone pic from my aunt. Makes me laugh! Good people! |
I am never much of a Black Friday shopper, so it is always a perfect day to either stay home all day, or get out of town. This year Avery & I planned to get out of town. Since we spent Thanksgiving with my mom and family, and had just spent the weekend before with my dad, we headed to Rusty's parents house. Yes, we did a little small town shopping, but most of the time was spent making gingerbread houses! It was my first time as well as Avery's. It was so much fun!
| Avery and some of her great grandparents with Rusty's mom too! |
| Turned out pretty good, huh?! |
Avery and I had dinner with Rusty's mom and dad and then headed home that night. With such a busy weekend it is always good to have a night to sleep in the next morning in your own bed.
Saturday Avery and I made a Target run and did some laundry and cleaning. My Dad and step mom Becky came up that evening. Rusty and I decided to take advantage of them being in town and went and got most of Avery's Christmas shopping done! I am so excited this year. After we shopped we went to dinner. We went to our favorite Japanese Steakhouse and shared some sushi. Yummy! Now, for the getting salad spilled on my hair part I mentioned earlier! We were all done eating and I had just ordered a martini for dessert (yah, I know!) and I hear "Oh, no, Oh no, Oh no". Then...I got some lettuce and a soy vinaigrette splashed down my head, neck and back. It even got my winter coat (which is now at the dry cleaners). The waiter felt so bad, but I kind of expected we may get our meal free. Nope. We did get a sake bomb on them...but really? So I was smelly and cold from the wet salad and not to mention that cut our night out short so I could go home and shower! Lovely. ha! We just had to laugh.
Sunday I went to my nephew Abel's baptism, which is why my Dad and Becky were in town. It was in a beautiful Catholic church. I was not raised Catholic, but my step brother Adam and his wife Amanda were.
Sunday night, we couldn't let Thanksgiving weekend pass by without Rusty attempting to fry a turkey. It was our first attempt and it was yummy! I made a bunch of sides and we had our own little Thanksgiving dinner (which we are still eating leftovers by the way!).
Well this was quite the short story so I will wrap it up! Speaking of wrapping, that is on my agenda for this weekend-Lots of presents to wrap!
No comments:
Post a Comment