In addendum to “Avery Goes Under the Knife” J we have survived getting tubes in her ears! I am so impressed with the whole process.
The day went pretty smooth. Avery couldn’t eat after mid-night the night before and so we were worried about not feeding her when she woke up before the surgery, but we have one happy baby on our hands. As long as we could cuddle her, and keep her entertained she was happy.
The anesthesiologist was great and so was the surgeon. They even brought Avery a stuff animal to take home that she loves!
They took her off for the procedure and I think it took 2 minutes from start to finish, maybe. I couldn’t believe how it happened so fast. They put her under and had the tubes done within just a matter of minutes. That was good for Rusty and I because it didn't give us much time to worry.
The nurse had warned us that sometimes babies wake up from anesthesia quiet and cuddly, and some wake up throwing fists. Which would Avery be? Well, the screaming out of sorts kind. That was the hard part. Seeing her hysterical and upset. We held her, immediately gave her a bottle and she was still pretty upset. She was crying like we haven’t heard before. This was all normal. We loaded her up, the car ride put her to sleep and she took a good nap. When she woke up, she was instantly happy!
Here is a picture of Avery with her new kitty that the dr. gave her, waiting in her high chair for her snack! Pretty precious!
Now I can only hope these tubes help cut down on the number of ear infections she gets, and helps keep her healthy!
We were able to enjoy the rest of our day off with her, and just have a lot of cuddle and play time!
I just called daycare and they said Avery is so happy and like a different girl. I've always thought she was a happy girl, but maybe she'll be even happier!
I think the whole thing was harder on the worrying parents then it was Avery.
Yeah tubes! (So far anyway!)

No comments:
Post a Comment