Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Last Iowa Home Game of the Year



A couple of weeks ago, Angie and I made the drive to Iowa City for the final Iowa football home game of the year!  They played Ohio State.  Although the Hawks lost in a close game to the Buckeyes, it was a very fun day!  Sadly, it was the only game I made it to this year, so I wanted to see a win, but it was still a great time!
There is something exciting about driving to Iowa City and seeing all the Hawk fans on the drive, walking around the stadium to different tailgates of people we knew, seeing the sea of Black and Gold, the chilly air that reminds you of football season, having some beers early in the day, and eating a sandwich from Angie’s favorite BBQ stand on Melrose Ave. and looking at all the shops.  I love it!
We walked and walked and man o’ man is it fun to people watch too!
We got into the game early and took it all in.  The jets flew over also, and that was AMAZING!  They flew so low!  I will admit, I even felt tears to fight back from watching them fly over! 
We couldn’t feel our toes by the end of the game, but we had a lot of fun, and a lot of laughs! 

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun day indeed! Next year, you'll have to come to more games with me!

    ReplyDelete