I love this time of year!
Wow! It’s November already?! I can’t believe this. Where has this year gone?
It always seems the months with the holidays go so fast! Before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving!
I love Thanksgiving! I love holidays! It’s the only holiday that all my moms’ siblings go to my Grandma’s house. I love seeing all of them. My aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids! The meal is the best and I love looking through the Black Friday ads in the paper w/ my mom and aunts and everyone watching football! I love that it’s only a 30 minute drive from our house, and as I said above, it’s the only time my mom’s whole family gets together, usually. I also love the 4 day weekend!
The holidays can be kind of stressful. My parents are divorced and remarried, so now being married myself, this means 3 families to get together with on the holidays, except on Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving, we just do one house, one family, and that’s my Grandma’s house with my mom’s side. I always ask Rusty what he wants to do just to give him the option, but we always head to my Grandma’s. We usually also visit our hometown at some point over the weekend. For those of you who don’t know, Rusty and I grew up in the same home town. My dad and stepmom live there, and so do Rusty’s parents; on the same street to be exact. We are from a small town, and that means going home and running into everyone you know. That may sound annoying, but I find it fun. I love hitting main street and doing some shopping. You’d be surprised what little treasures you can find in a small town, which everyone else in the city doesn’t have. More unique things sometimes! Plus, Rusty’s Grandma tends to spoil us, or get ideas for Christmas! J
There is just something about this time of year that puts pep in your step, makes you thankful for what you have, and is just so fun! Places are decorated; the weather changes and brings back all the holiday memories!
I can’t wait for Avery to eat her first Thanksgiving meal, and for her to eat one of her great-grandma Marilyn’s awesome homemade rolls! We still have a few weeks to go, but when I got to work today and flipped my calendar to November I couldn’t help but think of all of these things! I’m sure I’ll rave about Thanksgiving a few more times between now and then!
Let the holiday season begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment