Voting.
Let me start off by saying I do believe it is important to vote, BUT I must say that I am glad ELECTION DAY is finally here! Is it because I am so excited to vote??? Well, I am going to vote, but that is not the reason. I am happy ELECTION DAY is finally here so that I no longer have to see the ads that those campaigning spend money on, that I no longer receive TEXT MESSAGES (what in the world!!!) from parties telling me to vote, and that I no longer receive phone calls from those trying to get my vote, or the cute little old lady that calls to ask me if she can count on my vote!
I have never understood the whole negative ad idea. Why do individuals think that creating an ad to make their opponent look bad, makes them look good? It doesn’t. I believe all that does is make the public question people, their motives, and the character of people in general. It blurs the actual issue at hand, and takes the focus off of what the real facts are on both ends. It makes me not believe a single ad or commercial I see. In turn, I end up getting frustrated, don’t know what to believe, and end up voting with in my party as I always do.
I know how I will vote before I see an ad, before I hear a debate, etc…..SOOO..save your time and money and just be polite, about the facts, and ask me for your vote.
This is in RED font for a reason! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment