Wow! The 4 day weekends go too fast! It was a whirlwind, but a fun one!
![]() |
| Rusty, Avery and I at my Grandmas house |
Our First Stop-Thanksgiving Day-We headed to my Grandma’s house. When I think of Thanksgiving, my Grandma’s house is exactly what I picture. It is maybe the only time my mom’s side of the family gets together. My Grandparents were there, my mom, my brother, and most of my Aunts and Uncles, a few cousins and their children too! This year, we were missing a few of my favorite people due to illness, but it was still a great time! The meal, as usual was so yummy! All of my favorites! We talked, we ate, we watched football, and we looked at the Black Friday Ads. It was Avery first Thanksgiving and she loved eating like a big girl! J We even let her taste some of Great-Grandma Marilyns pie and my Grandma gave Avery a new winter bear that she hugged all day! It was precious! Here are a few pictures from the day!
![]() |
| Avery and her Great-Grandma Marilyn |
Our Second Stop-After Grandma’s house, we headed home, let Avery play and nap, got packed up and headed to Rusty’s parents’ house. We always have a great time there! We got there and Avery thought her power nap was all she needed to sleep for the night J. She was in the mood to play. It worked out fine though, because Rusty’s parents wanted to play with her as well. We visited and then all went to bed. Friday Rusty worked with his dad at his parents’ church (Rusty is trimming the new addition to the church and installing a kitchen, etc.) and Avery and I shopped and had lunch with Rusty’s mom and Grandma Sligar. It was a fun day! I always love to go home and our hometown is fortunate to have some great shops! We visited the church so Avery could see the Great-Grandparents on Rusty’s side of the family and took a tour of all that has changed with the church since the last time we had visited. Here a few pictures of that! My husband is very talented! Friday night we had dinner w/ Rusty and his parents and had a good visit.
![]() |
| One of the book cases Rusty built at his parents church |
![]() |
| Avery wearing her "Papa's" (Rusty's dad's, Randy) hat and pencil in her ear:! |
Our Third Stop-Saturday morning, Rusty went back to work at the church with his dad. Avery and I lounged around and after a bad night sleep for Avery, I finally got her to take a good nap. We got packed up and headed to my dads’ house. For those of you who don’t know, my dad lives just down the street in the same town as Rusty’s parents. It is nice to be able to see two families in one town, but also a lot of work because when you go home, you can never just be at one place. You have to visit two houses. I will just be thankful for it being close. We didn’t do much while at my dads’ house, but the Iowa game was on, so we watched that. Another disappointing loss for the Hawks! L My brother Hank and his wife Steph came down that night for dinner. I love seeing them! I was also happy that Steph got a gift for me on Black Friday! I got a great deal that she was so nice to pick up for me since she was going to be out shopping anyway! After dinner we headed home. We were very ready to be home and sleep in our own bed!
Sunday was so nice to wake up at home and have the whole day! It was a fun and productive day! We woke up, got Starbucks, Rusty cleaned out the garage, I cleaned, unpacked and did laundry, cut down some plants outside for the winter, watched football, ran to Target, decorated the tree, and attempted to take pictures of us for our Christmas cards. (We will be having round 2 of Christmas photos tonight!-They didn’t turn out so well! J ) Here are a few samples.






Cute family picture at Thanksgiving! And I think the second family picture of your, Rusty and Avery on the couch is a keeper!!
ReplyDeleteThe family pics are great --- I agree with your friend Angie, the second one is a keeper. ;)
ReplyDelete