What a beautiful weekend this past weekend was. Well, OK, Sunday was a tad windy, but still sunny! I wished this bod was in swimsuit shape to go to the public pool sometime over the weekend, but we just didn't find the time anyway.
This past Saturday was my step-brother Adam and his wife Amanda's baby shower. They decided to do one big shower, and invited couples. If you know Rusty very well, you will know that he despises couples showers. He thinks showers are kind of a ladies thing, and that is OK. They kind of typically are, but more and more couples showers are popping up. This usually means the Nickster ends up going without her hubby. HA! BUT...they can be fun! Rusty of course would have went to this one since it is family, but when we looked at the invite we realized it was right during Avery's nap time anyway so he stayed home with her and they both took a nap.
My dad and step mom, Becky (Adam's mom of course!) came up for the shower and stayed with us so I was able to catch up with them a bit at the shower as well. We found ourselves a nice little spot on the deck and had fun chit chatting. (Couples showers aren't his cup of tea either, and he is social like me! ) The shower was fun, there was a great turnout, the decor and food was cute and yummy, and they got a lot of nice things!
Can't wait to meet this little girl/boy in August! They are holding the gender of the baby ransom right now! I'll just throw my guess out there now that they will have a BOY! (Although I once was thinking it would be a girl, I think she is looking more like she is carrying a boy now) I'll keep you posted for sure when the baby is born! And the name, one of my favorite things to find out!
During the week, when my Beck texted to ask if they could stay with us this weekend, she told us that they'd be our babysitter for the night and pretty much insisted that we go out and do something together! That was nice! I rarely ask anyone to babysit Avery. 1-Anywhere I go, I usually take her with us, 2-I don't like to do that much away from her, 3-If I do something with my friends, Rusty is with her or vice versa 4-We don't really have a local babysitter for her that we have used yet so that we can go out together. Soooooo, needless to say I was looking forward to this.
After the shower I came home and changed and we left Avery with her Grandpa & Grandma DeWild. They were going to play and go to dinner together. Avery got a cute little Melissa & Doug (love their stuff) sticker book where she can dress up sticker dolls with all sorts of different outfits! I love to play with this too! Rusty and I then headed out for our "date night".
It was for sure weird driving off just the two of us, and making our own conversation, singing loudly to the radio. It really did seem like we were on a date. Weird (and fun). We first went to Raccoon River Brewing Company because it was too early for dinner for us, but we felt like starting our night soon. We sat at the bar and I had a couple of my favorite Vanilla Beers from RRBC...so yummy! We had an older guy sit next to us and engage in the typical "bar talk". It was fun to have meaningless talk with him. (funny, that we later saw him at a different bar doing the same thing w/ a different couple).
After RRBC we went to dinner at Django. OMG! So delicious! A must try for you Des Moinians! (Is that what we call ourselves?) Rusty's eyes were so big trying this new place, he wanted to order everything! We left there so full and miserable! It was that good! We ordered two half order appetizers, because we couldn't choose! Onion rings were just perfect and came with 3 dipping sauces and then also a french fry with some slow braised beef (kind of pot roast like) over the top with cheese. Ummm.. so rich! Rusty had a blue cheese steak and I had seared sea scallops with lobster mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was amazing!
We were so full when we left there, going somewhere else for any more drinks sounded next to impossible. I couldn't eat or drink another thing. We decided to take a walk around downtown. We ended up making our way to the Papa John Sculpture Garden. We got asked to take a groups picture and then they took one of us.
We walked back and then decided to just head home. It was an early night, and we joked about how we felt kind of lame that we had a sitter, but were so full we were both fine with just heading home. We headed home and Avery had just went to bed, so we just watched some basketball and talked with my dad and Beck. Still got to bed pretty early too! Good night!
Sunday was just the usual, cleaning, groceries, watering the lawn, and cuddling with Avery. It's only Tuesday, but here is to a fast week and enjoying another great weekend....Father's Day this weekend!
I am typing this on Monday night and posting it tomorrow morning, so Happy Tuesday to you!

Love the picture of you and Rusty! I want to try Django sometime...everyone says it is so yum-mo!
ReplyDeleteI will go with you sometime! :)
Delete