I love me some concerts...you all know that by know! So, Daughtry was here last Friday night and I went with Jessica and Holly. It was a lot of fun!
We met in Beaverdale at The Beaver Tap, which for all you Des Moines folks, is the old A.K.O'Connor's. We ordered 3 fatty appetizers and shared for our "dinner" and sat on the patio and had a couple of drinks. It was glorious. Lots of laughs had as well, which mainly revolved around our inappropirate humor. The concert was really great! Jess even got a drum stick that was thrown out! Jealous!
![]() |
| One of the openers, I really liked them! Mike Sanchez |
![]() |
| Daughtry! |
Saturday was kind of a rainy day. I really just did some cleaning and hanging out with Avery. Rusty's parents came up and brought Tammy's dad and his wife up for a visit since they were in town from way out West in NE. We went to a yummy dinner with them at one of my faves-John and Nick's in Waukee. Yummy!
Sunday was a good day! We took Avery swimming at my brother-in-law's pool. Avery is fearless. It's awesome, but also makes me need to be on my toes because she'll just jump in thinking I'll be there to catch her. Well, I am, but she caught me off guard a couple of times. She played in the pool from 10-1:30 when we actually had to take her home for her nap time.
![]() |
| Running and jumping into the pool! |
While she napped, I met my friend/neighbor Janelle and sat on her deck and just had a good chit chat while our kids napped. Rusty then headed fishing for a bit, so I headed home and Avery and I had a good time painting and hanging out.
That was last weekend in a nutshell!
This weekend is a busy one. We will be heading out of town to celebrate Rusty's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and then I also have a baby shower to attend for Janelle on Sunday.
Looking forward to my short work week that is coming up next week! I love the 4th of July!








No comments:
Post a Comment