Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chili Recipe

I am trying to figure out what yummies to make for the Super Bowl and decided to make chili again and a few other appetizers to snack on thought the game.

Everyone makes chili just a little bit differently, but I thought I would share how I make mine. I make chili on the thicker side and we usually top it with shredded cheese and a few Frito Scoops! I did not say that part of it was healthy, however it's delish! Feel free to modify this however you like AND share your chili recipe with me!

I start by browning 2 lbs. of lean hamburger
Add in half of an onion diced really small (you can use onion powder or onion flakes too, or leave out completely)
As the meat is cooking I give a couple sprinkles of Worcestershire Sauce, pepper and Lawry's Seasoning salt
Once the meat is fully cooked I start adding in the tomato sauce(1-29oz.), diced chili ready tomatoes(2-14.5 oz.)and chili beans(2-15oz.)
I then add in a packet of chili seasoning mix, and chili powder to taste
Let this simmer for while and then turn down to low for a bit before serving.

That's it! Super easy!
My family and I always think its better the next day too! Rusty usually starts making himself chili dogs after a meal of two of just eating soup!

Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment