If you read my last post, you know how our Saturday started out-with a sick Avers.
Wellllll......
We made it to my moms house and even though Avery didn't feel 100% she was happy to be there. We stayed around 30 minutes or so and when I knew she was going to be good to stay we headed to our hotel. Avery cuddled, played, watched movies & Avery and Grandma even made chocolate chip waffles this morning!
We stayed at the Magnolia in the Old Market. It was old, but updated and super cute. My brother in law and sil (Ryan and Kristi) have stayed there before so I knew it would be good. We changed our clothes and met Hank and Steph (my bro and sil) in the hotel bar for some free drinks (i ran into someone that works at my work too- she was there for a girls night) and then walked a few blocks to dinner at Upstream. It was super yummy and the company was awesome.
Right as we were finishing dinner I got a couple of texts. A text from a good high school friend-Liz. She was at piano bar for a birthday party and ran into my dad there! Quinky dink. I knew my dad and step mom would be there with friends. I got another text from my mom saying Avery had a temp but not too bad and she was acting fine and playing. At least I knew she was in good hands and was thankful I packed her children's ibuprofen.
We weren't sure if we were going to go to the piano bar for sure, but when I got the text from Liz saying to get my butt down there I knew we must go!:). My parents had enough room for us at their table so that was awesome! I saw Liz and got to chat with my dad a bit too. Of course I sang and danced (in my seat)!:). It was a really good time. My dads friends are so fun, I love hanging out with them! Roger McQueen-a funny.funny man!
We decided to start making our way back to the hotel and stop at a few bars on the way. We stopped at Rock Bottom on our way and ran into my cousin Andy. Who would know leaving home and I would run into so many people!
Hank and Steph walked with is back to our hotel and headed home and Rusty and I went to bed! We were so tired- confirming we are old!:).
It was such a fun night! I love spending time with my brother and Steph! Avery had a fun sleepover too!
We made it home in time to unpack and do laundry and have a really lazy day!
We even did some spin art that Uncle Hank, Aunt Steph and cousin Charleigh got Avery!
Look out Omaha-I will be back next Sunday with the girls to see my boyfriend Adam Levine!! I heart Maroon 5!
Here are some pics from our fun night!









So glad things all worked out for your Sat. trip.
ReplyDeleteWas nice you guys were able to share fun time celebrating birthdays, you need to do it again soon. Enjoyed our quiet time with Avery and the cuddles. Grandpa mentioned last night how cute it was wen she came into the kitchen Sun. morning and told him he was being too noisy.
Our conversations during the brief sleep-over are memory makers for sure, until next time.... xoxoxox