Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Grandparents❤

I hope you all are having a great weekend! It is about to wrap up, but I am excited for the Grammys, pjs and a glass of wine!

Friday night we had a really fun family dinner at Rubes! We were dying for a grilled steak and since its so cold in Iowa we went there! It was a really good time! For those of you not familiar-Rubes is a grill your own steak place around a huge grill-with a beer of course! Avery thinks its fun too!!

Saturday was not so fun! Avery had the flu we believe. Lots of sickness and lots of laundry because of it! But we survived and she woke up happy today!

Today was a very special day! We went to Winterset to celebrate my Grandpa's 79th birthday, my Grandmas 80th birthday AND their 60th wedding anniversary! We met for lunch and had the party room. My mom brought a bunch of old pictures and set them up for everyone to look at! All of my grandparents kids were there and a few grand kids and great grand kids too. My mom had the idea for each of her siblings to write down some memories from their childhood and growing up that were funny, special, sentimental to share with them! We seriously laughed and cried! It is always hard to see the guys tear up or people you just don't see tear up often. My grandparents are so great! I am lucky to still have them both here! Lots of love in that room! I am thinking about writing all of my memories and fun times down and sending it to them. None of the grandkids shared things but It is always a good reminder to tell people how you feel about them and how much you love them while they are still here!



1 comment:

  1. Nicky this was beautifully written. And your Grandma & Grandpa would love to receive your
    memories. Tom joked with me about writing a book, but believe me, I deleted more than I
    ended up printing,
    I could have taken up a couple hours, lol
    Thank you for making their day important enough to you to share it with them, little things mean alot.

    ReplyDelete